The FAIR next generation scientists 2019 will take place in the Grand Hotel Arenzano. The hotel location can be found here.
This is a four-star hotel in Arenzano, near Genova. Arenzano is a coastal town and comune in the Metropolitan City of Genova, Liguria, northern Italy, facing the Ligurian Sea.
From Genova Airport
1) Take the “Volabus” shuttle bus service to the Genova Piazza Principe train station (https://www.airport.genova.it/en/transportation-airport/). Tickets can be bought in advance from the webpage.
2) From the Genova Piazza Principe train station, take the first available train to Arenzano: they are very frequent and the trip lasts 35 minutes. Tickets can be bought at the ticket office or from the vending machines. Schedules can be checked on the Trenitalia webpage (https://www.trenitalia.com/ )
Notice that the other major train station in Genova is Genova Brignole. The same trains that you can take from Genova Piazza Principe to Arenzano also stop in Genova Brignole, but the trip from Brignole to Arenzano is 10 minutes longer.
From Torino Airport
1) Take the Sadem bus service ( https://www.aeroportoditorino.it/en/tomove/parking-transport/by-bus ) from Torino airport to Torino Porta Nuova train station. (The ticket is bought inside the airport)
2) From Torino Porta Nuova buy a ticket to Arenzano from the ticket office or vending machines. You will need to change train in Genova Piazza Principe. Schedules can be checked on the Trenitalia webpage (https://www.trenitalia.com/ )
From Milano Malpensa Airport
1) Take the train from the airport to the Milano Centrale train station. The train departs from Terminal 1 and 2 (http://www.milanomalpensa-airport.com/en/directions-and-parking/to-and-from/by-train).
2) From Milano Centrale buy a ticket to Arenzano from the ticket office or vending machines. You will need to change train in Genova Piazza Principe. Schedules can be checked on the Trenitalia webpage (https://www.trenitalia.com/ )
In all cases:
From Arenzano train station:
3) Follow the map to the hotel (10 minute walk): download the map here.