FAIRness 2019 is the sixth edition in series of workshops designed to bring together excellent international young scientists with research interests focused on physics at FAIR.
The topics of the workshop cover a wide range of aspects in both theoretical developments and current experimental status, concentrated around the four scientific pillars of FAIR. There will be an inspiring mixture of new theoretical developments and experimental research:
- Atomic and plasma physics, biophysics, material sciences and applications
- Nuclear structure, astrophysics and reactions
- Physics of hot and dense nuclear matter, QCD phase transitions and critical point
- Hadron Spectroscopy, Hadron Structure, Hadrons in matter and Hypernuclei
- Experimental programs APPA, CBM, HADES, NUSTAR, PANDA, as well as BES, NICA and the RHIC beam energy scan
Registration and Abstract Submission Deadline: 20 January 2019
Organizers: Andreas Bauswein, Marco Destefanis, Tetyana Galatyuk (chair), Claudia Ratti and Laura Tolos
Participation is restricted to non-tenured scientists, postdocs, and experienced PhD students.
After the online registration and abstract submission are closed, the Organizing Committee will select around 50 participants and will send out email confirmations accordingly. Participation is not possible without email notification of your selection.
Each selected participant will be allocated a time-slot for an oral presentation. Participation without oral presentation is not possible. There will be no poster session.
Proceedings will be published (mandatory).
The format of the meeting consists of two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each augmented by active discussion sessions dedicated to the topics presented by the speakers. Please remember to check the conference webpage for updates on the timetable.