The aim of this workshop is to bring together leading international experts and young researchers on
- Bound states in quantum field theory
- Baryons, mesons, glueballs, and exotics in QCD
- Excited state spectroscopy
- Resonances and decays
- Strongly-interacting dark matter
- Bound states beyond QCD
to present and discuss recent developments and fundamental issues.
This workshop focuses mainly on theoretical aspects, but will also include overview presentations of experiments.
The number of participants is limited to about 40. About a half of the time will be filled with shorter contributed talks, in particular from young researchers. Ample time is foreseen for discussions. A permanent presentation of posters will be possible.
Confirmed invited speakers so far (more to come):
- Volker Crede (Florida, USA)
- Gernot Eichmann (Lisboa Portugal)
- Wolfgang Gradl (Mainz, Germany)
- Patrick Koppenburg (NIKHEF, Netherlands)
- Suchita Kulkarni (Graz, Austria)
- Maxim Mai (Washington DC, USA)
- Maria Paolo Lombardo (INFN, Italy)
- Eulogio Oset (Valencia, Spain)
- Elisabetta Prencipe (Giessen, Germany)
- Adam Szczepaniak (Indiana, USA)
- Oliver Witzel (Siegen, Germany)
This workshop is the eighth at St. Goar on QCD, following the workshops Bound States in QCD and beyond I-III in 2015, 2017, and 2019, the HIC-for-FAIR workshops on Quarks, Gluons, and Hadronic Matter under Extreme Conditions I in 2011 and II in 2013, the EMMI workshop: Quarks, Hadrons, and the QCD Phase Diagram in fall 2009 and the 415th Wilhelm & Else Heraeus Seminar "Quarks and Hadrons in strong QCD" in spring 2008.