PHEDM-Hirschegg Workshop 2020
In 2020 we celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Hirschegg meeting on High Energy Density Physics. As usual the meeting provides an international forum to discuss high energy density physics including fundamental science, intense laser and particle beams interaction with matter and inertial confinement fusion. This year we will also use the special atmosphere for some celebrations within this week.
The 2020 meetings starts on Sunday, January 26th (arrival and registration starting at 4 p.m.) and ends on Saturday, February 1st, 2020.
As is the tradition, the scientific program will be conducted at the Darmstädter Haus from Monday morning until Friday noon. Due to the size of the conference room, participation is limited to about 100 participants. Invitation letters for visa application will be sent upon request.
We encourage contributions on recent achievements in the following subjects:
- Properties of high energy density matter created by intense ion beams and lasers (EOS, phase transitions in dense plasmas, transport, and relaxation)
- Beam-plasma interactions (lasers, ion beams, pulsed power)
- Particle acceleration and generation of intense beams
- Relativistic laser-plasma interactions
- Diagnostic methods for high energy density matter
- Accelerator issues of intense beams
- Inertial fusion including shock ignition, fast ignition and magnetized targets
- Hydrodynamic simulations and instabilities
- New and upcoming HED facilities
- PIC Simulations
Registration starts on October 1st, 2019.