PHEDM-Hirschegg Workshop 2021
41st Workshop on High-Energy-Density Physics with laser and Ion beams
When celebrating this year’s 40th anniversary of the Hirschegg meeting, some guest already cancelled their participation due to the COVID-19 virus. But nobody probably really thought that we would not be able to organize the Hirschegg Workshop 2021 in the same way as the 40 years before. Yet, the world is still in the grip of the virus and the Darmstädter Haus is closed until March 2021.
We organize our workshop as a hybrid meeting via Zoom and, for a limited amount of people, in person at GSI, in Darmstadt. Although the meeting format is new, the workshop still provides an international forum to discuss high energy density physics including fundamental science, intense laser and particle beams interaction with matter and inertial confinement fusion.
The 2021 meetings starts on Monday, February 1st and ends on Friday, February 5th, 2021.
We expect an in-person participation limited to 50 participants, depending on the latest Corona regulations.
We encourage contributions on recent achievements in the following subjects:
- Properties of high energy density matter created by intense ion beams and lasers (EOS, phase transitions in dense plasmas, transport, and relaxation)
- Beam-plasma interactions (lasers, ion beams, pulsed power)
- Particle acceleration and generation of intense beams
- Relativistic laser-plasma interactions
- Diagnostic methods for high energy density matter
- Accelerator issues of intense beams
- Inertial fusion including shock ignition, fast ignition and magnetized targets
- Hydrodynamic simulations and instabilities
- New and upcoming HED facilities
- PIC Simulations
Registration starts on October 5th, 2020.