The Plasma Physics program at FAIR, one essential part of the FAIR project, will exploit a dedicated beamline and target area with unprecedented ion intensities. This offers worldwide unique capabilities to the plasma physics community. Already during the construction phase it will be possible to run an attractive experimental program at the SIS-18 target area or using the PHELIX laser. The three-day workshop will give an opportunity to discuss upcoming experiments and continue developing the science program of the plasma physics community at FAIR.
The three-day workshop will start on July 1st at GSI with a viewing of the FAIR construction side. The bus transfer to Wasem Kloster Engelthal, Ingelheim is arranged for the late afternoon. The meeting will give an opportunity to discuss upcoming experiments and continue developing the science program of the plasma physics community at FAIR.
Workshop topics include:
- Physics of high energy density states: theory, experiments, diagnostics
- EOS of matter under extreme conditions
- Energy transport in Warm Dense Matter
- Atomic processes in strongly coupled plasmas
- Laser based photon and particle sources for HED/WDM-diagnostics
- Materials research, atomic physics, and biophysics related to plasma physics
- Experiments with ion beams in 2020-2021 from SIS 18
- Combined laser and ion beam experiments
- to be announced
No participation fee is required.
You are cordially invited to attend the workshop.
Dr. Vincent Bagnoud (Chair) and Prof. Alexander Golubev (Co-Chair)
GSI Darmstadt, Germany
Deadline for registration: June 21st, 2020
Deadline for abstract submission: June 1st, 2020
Author notification: mid of June 2020