PHEDM-Hirschegg Workshop 2018
The 38th Hirschegg meeting on High Energy Density Physics provides an international forum to discuss high energy density physics including fundamental science, intense laser and particle beams interaction with matter an d inertial confinement fusion. Following the tradition of the “Hirschegg Workshops”, the special atmosphere and schedule will leave enough time for discussions among participants. The conference organization does especially encourage the participation of young researchers and students.
We encourage contributions on recent achievements in the following subjects:
- Properties of high energy density matter created by intense ion beams and lasers (EOS, phase transitions in dense plasmas, transport, and relaxation)
- Beam-plasma interactions (lasers, ion beams, pulsed power)
- Particle acceleration and generation of intense beams
- Relativistic laser-plasma interactions
- Diagnostic methods for high energy density matter
- Accelerator issues of intense beams
- Inertial fusion including shock ignition, fast ignition and magnetized targets
- Hydrodynamic simulations and instabilities
Kindly note that the conference is already fully booked and we cannot accept new registrations.